Jo Davis House

Jo Davis House

The Jo Davis House was a boarding house and tavern located on the corner of Main Street and Walnut St. It was built in 1839 by Minus Turner as the Central House Hotel, and featured a bar, stable, and lodging. The hotel changed hands several times, until being sold to Joseph Davis, who renamed the hotel after himself. 


The hotel was located on the stop of a stage line, partly owned by Davis, making it a popular and accessible spot for travelers. The Jo Davis House was sold to Arthur Patterson and Charles Sample in 1859, and burned down in 1876. The Patterson Block was built on the site in the same year, and remains one of only two buildings ever located on the site.


Jo Davis house gallery (photos from lost muncie)

Jo Davis House Graphic Products:

Compare Selected

mmc product categories:

mmc graphic categories: